Installing a new shower cubicle or replacing glass panels is a relatively affordable way of giving a fresh, new look to your bathroom. A full renovation project can be costly and will require a lot of time and work. It’s a setup that’s not ideal for many homeowners, so finding simple solutions like a new shower screen is the best way to go.
Hanging a shower curtain will do the trick of keeping the water from splashing on your bathroom floor. But because it moves around, water can still get out and make a mess after you shower. Glass panels, on the other hand, are a more effective and elegant solution with the added watertight seals and privacy. Plus, with the different configurations and styles available, there will be one that will meet your personal style and design needs.
It’s understandable that choosing shower enclosures can be a daunting process especially with the variety that’s available on the market. Because walk-in showers have gained popularity with many homeowners over the years, manufacturers have incorporated different designs and added features to meet the user’s needs. It is an excellent solution to keep your bathroom dry and tidy. Installing one will also help you maximise space.
If you’ve decided to add a shower enclosure in your bathroom, the next decision to make is to choose the shape and type of your shower cabin.
- Quadrant enclosures. Designing a small, cramped bathroom is challenging. If you find yourself in this situation, the best option for homeowners like you would be a quadrant enclosure. This can be installed in tight spaces and fitted with sliding doors.
- Frameless glass doors. Achieving a contemporary and modern look for your bathroom is made possible by installing a frameless glass shower panel. It’s designed to be minimalist and will give an airy and light appearance to your bathroom.
- Hinged doors. This is another option for modern bathrooms. They can be fitted with chrome bar handles and hinges to complement the contemporary look that you’re after.
- Sliding doors. A small bathroom doesn’t have to be challenging to renovate and design anymore because you can maximise the available space by using a sliding door for your shower cabin. They’re easy to use and will make it easy to get in and out of your shower cabin.
- Pivot doors. Pivot doors are conventional in many bathrooms, and they can be pivoted in the left, right, or centre. They usually open outwards, so you may want to consider the placement of other fixtures like the sink and the toilet, before having one installed. You can choose either textured or frosted glass for added privacy.
- Bifold doors. This type of shower enclosure has doors that fold and open inwards. It means that you’ll be using less space for your shower cabin, making it an ideal solution if you have a small bathroom.
The shower is one of the elements in your house that will reflect your personality and style. Installing the right shower enclosure will not only provide the aesthetics that you’re after but will also keep your bathroom floor clean and dry.
To read more on topics like this, check out the lifestyle category.