When you’re trying to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle, you know that there are a lot of changes to be made in your daily life. How can you be sure that you’re doing something effective and efficient? What sorts of alternatives are there for the things that you use daily? Here are 6 options that you may want to consider.
1. Bamboo Products Instead of Paper Towels. Paper towels account for a lot of the waste that we’re dealing with on a regular basis. Instead of using paper towels, why not consider using bamboo products instead? There are plenty of bamboo alternatives out there for paper towels, and they end up saving you money and are a lot more eco-friendly than paper towels are as well.
2. Glass Jars Instead of Plastic Containers. Are you someone that often packs your lunch, or you do a lot of meal prep to keep up with your busy lifestyle? Instead of using Ziploc bags, Reynolds Wrap, and Tupperware, why not consider using glass jars and other containers? They’re more eco-friendly, they last longer, and they are actually a lot easier to clean than other options that are available.
3. Make Your Own Cleaning Supplies. When you want to be more eco-friendly, you want to use fewer chemicals as you clean. Consider getting some basics, like baking soda and white vinegar, and keep them handy as you’re trying to keep your home as clean as it can possibly be. Making your own cleaning supplies can save you money and, in the long run, it’s a lot better for the environment as well.
4. Greeting Cards. Have you seen options like folding seed cards when it comes to offering greeting cards? Greeting cards are a huge waste of paper, but seed-based paper is much more eco-friendly and it is completely natural. Consider looking at options for bulk seed-based paper cards so that you can get what you need and be able to share your love with people on holidays, birthdays, and other occasions.
5. Solar Powered Outdoor Lights and Nightlights. Instead of wasting energy on outdoor lights and nightlights, consider your solar powered options. They’re a lot more reliable than they used to be and it’s really easy for you to install them. They’re eco-friendly as well, because you aren’t wasting a whole bunch of energy in order to keep them running. Check out your options and see why people trust solar powered lights as an option for lighting their home up at night.
6. Reusable Cups and Bags. Don’t waste paper and plastic! Take a reusable water bottle with you wherever you go so that you can fill it up when necessary. If you’re in the office, have a mug that you use for coffee or tea. If you have a regular coffee shop, get their reusable cup so that you can save money and the environment at the same time. This is an easy and affordable change to make in your daily lifestyle.